The saga of Starkiller, Darth Vader’s secret apprentice, is far from over as the best-selling Star Wars game ever continues along the dark path. Apparently killed at the end of the last game, a new clone of Starkiller has emerged and is being hunted by Darth Vader and the Empire.
Building on the all-action gameplay of the original you’ll be able to take control of one of the most powerful Force users ever seen in the Star Wars universe. Wielding twin lightsabres you can now dismember enemies and use even more powerful Force powers, including mind tricks and the new Force fury.
A new targeting system, more complex puzzles and even the chance to pilot a TIE Fighter create a more varied and nuanced game than its predecessor. With new state-of-the-art graphics and the darkest and most emotional storyline ever in a Star Wars game the Force will definitely need to be with you this time.
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
- Darth Killer: Set between the prequel and original trilogy, take the role of Darth Vader’s errant apprentice as you search for your lost love and seek revenge on your former master.
- Two for One: Wield dual lightsabres as you fight a more varied range of enemies and take part in unique boss battles with a truly epic scale.
- Force yourself: Utilise new Force powers such as mind trick – which causes enemies to fight each other – and Force fury to give a boost to all your standard abilities.
- Deep Space: More involved mission objectives include true puzzle-solving and vehicular combat, including the chance to pilot a TIE Fighter.
- Special FX: Stunning graphics use state-of-the-art technology including physics engine Havok, motion system Euphoira and material simulator Digital Molecular Matter.
About the Developer: LucasArts
Although they now make far less games internally than they used to, when they were famous for their graphic adventures, LucasArts still has an in-house team to make their own games. Their most recent success has been the The Force Unleashed series, as well as other Star Wars games.