Colin McRae DiRT 2 will take players on a World Tour of adrenaline-fuelled extreme off-road events in stunning real-world locations.
Events include exhilarating rally cross in the massive Los Angeles sports stadium’s “Stadium King Shootout”, edge-of-control canyon racing of Utah’s “Creek Trailblazer” event, the “Rawang Rally Run” along treacherous Malaysian rainforest tracks and the “Battersea Battle”, where night races are staged at the iconic London power station.
Building on the technical and gameplay benchmark of Colin McRae: DiRT and borrowing from snowboarding and skateboarding lifestyle and culture, Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will also add full online multiplayer functions to extend the gaming experience and build a thriving community.
• Huge Variety of Race Styles and Formats
– Features intense solo races and frantic multi-car events with up to 12 individually style cars in each race.
– 100+ off-road racing events including rally, rallycross, raid and trailblazer
– Players are no longer constrained to traditional rally racing as the game boasts a roster of contemporary off-road events
• Intense Real-World Environments
– DiRT 2 boasts 9 varied real-world locations throughout the game to create a virtual DiRT World Tour with cultural styling and brands to make each location unique
– Players will travel the globe in an RV that will aesthetically improve as players progress in the world tour
– Up to 120,000 spectators per track to bring the locations to life
• Award-Winning Technology
– DiRT2 is powered by the third generation of the EGO Engine racing technology
– Updated car-handling physics system and damage engine effects
– Unprecedented visual fidelity with cars and tracks twice as detailed as seen in GRID
• Full Online Functionality
– Supports full online multiplayer across all racing genres
– Features head-to-head competitive online play and new social features to further engage the racing community
– Online tournaments and downloadable content keep the player engaged in the DiRT experience