Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) delivers an intense single-player campaign that picks up immediately following the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and escalates into World War 3.
Modern Warfare 3’s also boasts its re-imagined multiplayer, featuring the series’ trademark visceral gun-on-gun combat, a revamped point streak, devastating new modes like ‘Kill Confirmed’, new features and a bevy of new weapons, equipment and perks.
The most epic Call of Duty game ever Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 delivers a multiplayer experience that continues to raise the bar by focusing on fast-paced, gun-on-gun combat, along with innovative new features that support and enhance different styles of play.
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3’s multiplayer, the player defines the experience through masterfully engineered Strike Package and Weapon Proficiency Systems, helping them play through the most intense multiplayer experience available.
Modern Warfare 3 New killstreak system
Completing game mode objectives now counts towards your pointstreak progression. For the first time ever, kills are not the only way to earn pointstreaks! For example, with a Support Strike package pointstreaks do not chain.
However, streaks do not reset on death. Rewards also differ according to your strike package, so a support strike package will be more support oriented (UAV, Counter UAV, SAM turret, etc) helping your team dominate the opposition.
For the first time in Call of Duty weapons have their own progression system as you gain XP through the use of a weapon, you unlock attachments, camos, reticles and weapon proficiencies.
Weapon proficiencies allow you to specialise your weapon in the way you choose depending on your playing style:
- Kick – Reduced kick for more accurate long distance shooting
- Focus – Reduced flinch when hit for run and gun players caught in the thick of the action
- Stability – Reduced sway when ADS for snipers
New game modes
All the fan favourite game modes make their return (Free-for-All, Team Death Match, Domination, etc.), and a series of new modes make their introduction to the Modern Warfare series:
- Kill Confirmed – Collect dog tags from killed players. Prevent the other team from collecting yours.
- Team Defender – Grab the flag and protect the flag carrier to increase your team’s score.
- Drop Zone – Control the drop zone and collect care packages while the opposition try to dislodge your team.
- Infected – One player starts infected and has to infect all the others by killing them. The opposing team meanwhile has to survive as long as possible.